So after a long, daunting, and soul-draining process, I've compiled everything I need to go to print. I'd say the toughest part was getting my celebrity writer's submission. I've learned that sometimes you have to play Cap'n Mother-Fucking-Asshole/Play the Game in order to appease all parties, meet deadlines, and still have a staff. Doing all the proofing/editing is no easy task so once this thing is negotiated, signed, and backed, I'm hiring a second staffer. I can't do this all by myself. Fortunately, I had a free-lance artist who worked for free pending my guarantee of a future gig which I'm in the process of making good.
All I can say is that launching a journal is not for anyone who wants to do this as a hobby; esp if you're also a writer. You're either all the way or get the fuck outta here. I'm in this for the long haul so either contribute, start a press, or have fun in a suit.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment