Monday, April 28, 2008
Just When You Thought Going to Print Meant "Done"
So after an arduous process, I converted everything to PDF and then to FTP only to find out there were some formatting issues. Things like "text subsets" and "embedded codes". These things are not in my vocabulary. As I was speaking with my guys at the printers, I'm giving a lot of "uh-huh" replies. I get off the phone with them, dial up my layout girl, and start biting her head off about why these issues were not taken care of. Suffice to say, beggars can't be choosers. Free help is not easy to negotiate. Fortunately, I put her in touch with their tech person and now things are being smoothed out. I may be a writer and an editor but a graphic designer and code writer I am not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment