Saturday, April 12, 2008

Reread of Water Off A Black Dog's Back

I reread Water Off A Black Dog's Back online just like we were assigned. As I was reading I kept thinking of other things I needed to do, clicking off to check my email, etc.

My eyes also started to hurt after awhile. The type wasn't double spaced and everything seemed so pressed together. There's only so long I can concentrate on a computer screen.

I'm easily distracted when I'm reading online as well and it was no different with Kelly Link's story. I just think it's too lengthy to be something read online. I started to get frustrated with having to reread this again in a less comfortable manner.

I can see why she would put her work online for people to access freely, but I think it would be better to print it out. That's a lot of ink though and I don't know how many people would be willing to do that. I also don't know how many people would be willing to sit there and read the whole collection online.

No comments: