I hate reading things online. Especially stories. I tried rereading "Water Off A Black Dog's Back", and I honestly couldn't even get through it. I ended up skimming through parts, I got confused a lot because my eyes kept crossing or something. With all the pronouns, I was like "who's what now?"
Skimming was a huge part of why I couldn't take in the story. I'd see these huge blocks of single spaced words that never seemed to end and I just felt like I had to get through the story. With an actual book, I can physically turn the pages- there's an end in sight. I could close the book after a story or chapter and set it down with a bookmark. What do you have online? There's no bookmark, except the one you used to mark the website that holds the entire story on page!
I don't understand this new technology, it's called Kindle, and it's like an iPod for books. I guess it can hold a whole library, and you read these books on your screen. Even in theory, I don't like the idea. Part of the book experience is having them on your shelf, in your library! They're like little trophies or something. You read them, you've lived through the characters, and then there they rest until you want to pick it up again. But maybe I'm just being old fashioned.
I'm getting off the topic, but I guess what I mean to say is I like my books as books, not as online documents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment