Saturday, April 5, 2008

Plan B

I feel as though I am in a similar boat as KT with Kaleioscopic Resonance. I would like to believe that I came up with a nice concept for the magazine's premiere issue. I've asked several people and sent out a few more emails, but I have yet to recieve any submissions. This sucks! I'm going to have to tackle, tag and cage this beast from a different angle because right now its winning. I guess I have to be prepared to put up my work only for the first issue, but I pray that it will all come together sooner than later.

As far as my interview with Amy Schroder, she was really cool about the whole thing and easy to talk to. As you all could tell from class, she's not really an angry, firey feminist. She calls it like she sees it and has a descent wealth of knowledge of female artist across the board from musicians to painters. I can appreciate how she refined the clarity of her mission with Venus and is going for it completely. As she hones her business and literary/journalist instincts she's well aware of any obstacles to the mainstream growth of her magazine, as well as the pit falls that other small magazine publications have come against. I admire her drive and ability to find other editors and writers just as hard working as she, who are willing to stick it out, not for a woman, but for a an editor, a writer and an entrepreneur they trust to stick with into sucess.

No comments: