Monday, April 21, 2008

The editing monster

I've finally set up some sort of plan of attack to finally complete this thing, but alas, plans will only get screwed eventually. The editing thing is my main problem still. The writer of the piece that I believe needs the most editing seemed offended when I suggested a re-write. He said he'd do it, but I have a feeling I'll need to start making some nagging phone calls soon. Other than that piece, I think the others are turning out quite nicely (whew), and I've asked a few people to sketch a cover illustration for me. I figure, if they all actually come through, I'll have options for the cover.

Having decided to make this publication in the kitchen floor/countless late nights/scissors and glue sticks sort of approach, I'm excited to start the hands-on process. It's like painting or molding a book rather than writing.

Any suggestions on how to deal with stubborn/sensitive/slightly asshole writer are welcome.

No comments: