Looking at this article through the eyes of Bruce Kent makes me more determined to amplify my ability to be proactive. Many of us wait around for someone else to do the work. WE ALL know we are waiting for science to solve all of our problems. Why are we waiting? Because we think we can, because it is easier than doing it ourselves.... I have said for quite some time now, "I work four times as hard not to do something than if I would have just done it in the first place."
Who can we depend on? NO ONE! if you look at a situation from that perspective, when things do go your way you can use your over preparedness as an extra, or save it up for a rainy day. I wish I thought this way a decade ago!? I personally wait until the very last moment to do certain things, and breaking myself of that habit is hard. Now, ...thinking my finances will be taken care of just because some company was created to ensure it still does not give me the security I really need. (PERSONALLY).
I will never ever again let another humans idea be my security blanket , no matter how full proof it seems. We should all be helping each other out I know, but at the same time working at a pace we can afford. I though that is what taking out college loans was all about? I mean, a dream is important and if it is so important that you have to put your trust in some union, then it should be important enough to come up with multiple back up plans for production as well.
I do admire the proactive stand that was taken to get the ball rolling on getting the money. Sometimes you do have to kick a little butt to get people in line. We've all had our fair share of spankings in our day and I think we can all agree that without them we would be worse off. At least I would anyway. In short you can either be passive or aggressive just to make it black and white for a moment. You can be the bitch getting pimped or the pimp slapping the hoe. The point is when you start playing the numbers game if you're not ruthless the chances of success are very slim.
This is not a place for the soft hearted and the care givers of the world. A very ridged and focused mind set is needed, with the ability to sometimes turn a blind eye to moral logics. How much can one person submit to something like that? Is it for the greater good? WERE THERE REALLY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION? Probably, but who cares? The four percent of rich jerks people in other countries really hate in the first place, that's who. Are we at war as writers? You bet you sweet biscuits we are. Are you properly armed for this war? I don't think so!
The only way to win is to pay very close attention and don't sleep. The British are coming, and they're our parents and friends who won't help us. They are the people who don't read or write ...ever! The teachers who are pains in the asses because they can be, the students who don't really know what they want to be when they grow up and get in the way of real people who value their educations.
There is an up side to all of this. One day the Earth will be gone and everything about it. So the fact that none of us totally made it won't really matter. On the other hand, since we're here and also good at what we do -what's the harm of giving it all we've got until the bitter end. Figure out who your real foes are and stop making them up in your head. We all know who our worst enemies are. Right? ...Us!
So, when things don't go right, WHO DO WE BLAME? Ourselves. That's where it stops. Not your friend who didn't get it done on time. You knew they sucked before you asked them to participate. Just think about something that you do everyday that you really like and want to do and how easy it is to get that done. Almost effortless that is isn't it. Now all the sudden we can't take time out of our day to fight back a little and become the writers we know we can create with a little elbow grease....
....Hey Print'n ain't easy!
Audio8.com
Brought to you be the ruthless dictator LOQUTOUS. Resistance is futile!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment