Seriously, other people suck. That really dependable artist I talked about in class, told me he was too busy a week ago. Now I'm relying on an old friend who's been drawing for a good long time, though I've never seen him draw comics before. I sent him the script on saturday, he said he'd get back to me by sunday, and now I'm going to call him before class today to try and get a definitive answer.
This is all making me want to make my web comic submission oriented. I have a lot of problems with this model, though. Like "won't I have to pay people?" I was contemplating an idea where you could take the ad money and anything donated and divide it evenly amongst the contributers, but that was one of the dumber ideas I've ever had, really. I imagine the contributors saying: "Hey, the website I was published on just sent me a check for $0.45! I'm gonna buy a gumball!"
Also, if I'm going to be doing a website with other people's comics in them, I should try to differentiate myself from people like Drawn & Quarterly and Flight. Though maybe the only real difference I need to have is to be a web comic (something that has new content multiple times a week and costs nothing) as opposed as a print magazine or anthology(something that has new content a few times a year, and costs money). So, yes, numerous roadblocks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment