I couldn't imagine the stress that would come with the demands of distribution, and still not getting a check in October when it was due on September 15th! I would be especially pissed off if I started my zine 11 years ago and this little financial mess-up threatened to destroy everything I worked for. This whole thing seems like such a headache! Not enough money, not enough people reading it, not enough anything! But I guess Venus got through it, right? How is PunkPlanet doing?
I really would like to know if IPA is still being so stretched financially today. Also looking at these pictures, do they have offices for their zines? I'm only asking because if its based outside of, say their desk at home, then these zines are quite a bit bigger than I had imagined. For some reason I always think that zines are something that gets put together at home, not big enough to have an office of their own. Maybe that's my own misconception.
It's amazing, too, how BigTop is kinda their last hope. With the big publishers, these zines are like the misunderstood teen living in a super-strict parents' house. "Why would you want to sell 15,000 copies instead of hundreds of thousands or millions?"
Life's tough out there for the little guys, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment