I've received four submissions for my project and I haven't really had a chance to take a look at them yet. From what I've skimmed over they all have a different feel to them and one story takes place in Vienna which is great. Everyone who I've solicited to seems to be really interested in the project which is really encouraging especially when entering into a daunting task such as this.
Being an intern who is constantly reading submissions I think I've gained a good eye at searching for what is appropriate for a certain zine or small press. I'm definitely going to use that sort of critiquing and analytical approach when it comes to accepting pieces for Stick Ball.
When all this first started it seemed like such a large daunting task and now as we're getting into actually gathering submissions, creating our mock up's, cementing mission statements and guidelines, it doesn't seem to huge anymore. Everything is coming together really well. I'm also thinking of asking my interviewee, Todd Dills from the2ndhand, if I can publish his interview in my magazine, but I'm not sure if it will fit the theme when I'm done interviewing him.
So that's what I've got so far, a couple of submissions, a bitchin' mock up coming from my unartistic skills and pretty solid submission guidelines and a missions statement. Now all I need is a website, a domain name and somewhere to host the thing.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment