Tuesday, March 4, 2008

clink Mission Statement II

We're going to have to face it, people. Drinking is a big part of our culture, whether we like it or not. One of my favorite things about drinking is the talking; knock back a coupe martinis or beers or shots or whatever your chosen poison is, and sooner or later, you'll be talking up a storm. Chances are you'll be telling lots of stories while you're doing all that talking. As a frequenter of bars (and the bottom of the bottle), I've heard plenty of those stories, however slurred they may have been. I've also been on the other end; drunkenly expounding to equally inebriated peers (or strangers, on more than a few occasions).

clink is a meeting place for those stories. Stories about drunk people, drinking, being drunk, wishing you were drunk, overheard while drunk or getting there, told while drunk or getting there... clink is where those stories come to live. It's purpose is to entertain, primarily, but it is also to preserve those stories often forgotten in the drunken haze of bars and wild nights.
_______

I like this one better-- it opens up the range of submissions, instead of limiting it to Chicago-specific stories. I also think it has a bit more of a voice than the first one...


No comments: