Sunday, February 10, 2008

What I take with me.

My goal for this course is to have created my own online magazine by week 14, however I found one of the most important values to that future presentation in Anne Moor's article "Be A Zinester." On the surface I want to challenge my contemporaries as I find my strength in writing, but the most important thing that we do as documenters of fiction or non-fiction stories is that we record many versions of history as we see it, whether we are exposing the unlikely reality based or the otherworldly, we are contributing to the culture of our time. Sometimes the thought is overwhelming. Then, I am comfronted by editors who claim to be able to tell good writing from everything else and I realize that publishing myself is a step that I have to take if I honestly believe that my work is worth reading, that way I can truely find out instead of waiting on some dusty old fart to do me a favor.

I am not by any means claiming the lordship of all authors. I am simply saying that I would like for my website to go on to show the improvement of my own and other writers work as it preserves "the oral histories of conspiracy theorists" and everything to the far end of the spectrum. I would like the website to comprise of the type of writing that digs into the senses and emotional memory of every reader. I want to publish writing that readers want to forget but can't. I'm sure we all do.

Good writing isn't always grammatically correct first time out of the gate and packaging sometimes needs to start out with bare bones materials to get off of the ground. Throughout this article Ms. Moore only suggested form in reference to the style of presentation where she mentioned collages or writing in the margins...because the writing of these "hidden histories" are about the message of obscurity/genre of art.

No comments: