Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ALL IN ALL!

We are all different as people and as writers. Some writers are more on the artisan side of the fence, meaning they write because there is a market to be written for. These are the authors who are being looked at by the big boys. Then you have individuals who are concerned with the parts of writing that I consider, The over protective approach. For these good writers being meticulous, there needed to be a place for them, the small press world.

There is a strange breed of writer who figures out that one or the other is never the way to go. If you can have the stamina to produce products for both parties. The party you produce best for is the party that you should stick with. true there are people in the independent community who scoff at big business. I think it is only because they don't fit in and they wished they did. Main stream culture doesn't need your work just because you think it should. writers do not have the right do be insane jerks who barely do anything except write. they do deserve to be treated with the utmost respect if said respect is earned.

There are two games to play so that bad writers can eventually realize how horrible they are. ...and yes, it does take an amalgam of skills and super powers to be a good writer. The small press world works as a filtering system for good writing that is over looked by larger presses for one reason or another. Large press has the problem of having to stay large and that should never be jeopardized. That is their goal and their only goal. If that is not the game you can play or want to play, get off the field. Contrastingly enough those are the same rules in the small press arena. Often I've talked with misdirected people who wished they were writers to find that their hatred for one or the other is only because they do not fit in because they are choosing to do so. you can't use the rules of sky diving to play water polo. At least Don't think so?

Who am I? You may ask. I'll tel you. Just another bad writer trying to become a better not so bad writer. I say that because If I feel any other way then I will have become self defeating in that justification of why it isn't my fault people don't like my work. I write for myself and tones of other people as well as a private writer. Mingling with the small or large press to me is not only something I hope to work into but something I want to find me to work for it.

Is this a good attitude to have?

No comments: