Sunday, May 4, 2008

Preparing for Anonymous City's Premier

In the beginning I constructed this elaborate design for this all art all the time website, somehow forgetting that I don’t know very much about web design and I’m not one for asking others for help. So, I’ve definitely decided to work on the blog site with WordPress and the stories that have been submitted. In my Fiction Writing and Publishing course last semester, we were made aware of the fact that most writers don’t send online magazines their best stuff, so I had to be prepared for the worst. Then, I read the stories and I was pleasantly surprised and grateful they even sent me anything at all.

Now it’s time to post everything and I hope that it comes out ok. Knowing that the site won’t be exactly what I want it to be, I have to focus on the stories and their potential. Speaking to that issue, I’ve always considered myself more of a novel person but since Fiction II I can’t put down my Norton’s Anthology, Oxford Book of American Short stories, Sherman Alexie’s “Toughest Indian in the World” and after reading Kelly Link’s “Stranger Things Happen” they’ve changed how I look at short fiction and I believe they have helped my editing of the short stories I’ve received from my contributors. Even thought my contributors’ stories were pretty much finished when I received them, my reading is helping me dig into their meaning or themes as they relate to AC’s first issue’s theme. Hopefully the blog won’t be too bad of a read.

No comments: