- Plan to do the writing myself for the first copy. Anything submitted by others will be icing on the cake, but not hold me hostage.
- Hire a designer from the get-go. For the second edition, I will have something in hand that fits my expectations to show a collaborator.
- Artwork is a pain, but it is a necessary one. After I have a copy in my hands, I don't think finding an artist for a 2nd issue will be as hard. A real artist sees the first one, says "That's crap. I'll do it much better." Then I dare them to.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Home Stretch
Found a pro designer that is doing the layout for me. I see it as paying them to keep my sanity InTact. Also, I talked to Alpha Graphics today and they say that 6x9, saddle stitch, full-color with nice cover can be turned around in 48-hours. My artist said all work will be completed by this weekend, so that will give the designer a couple of days to do his magic. I think all is good in the riding hood. But next time I will do things different. Like:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment